Twitter is a fickle mistress, my friends.
I spent an hour or so yesterday troubleshooting what the issue might be with posting to our class hashtag - while I'm not completely sure what the underlying problem is, I did find some tips to making sure your tweets show up in the search results:
1. Tweet from twitter.com
2. Include a short text blurb
3. It helps if you shorten your url (tinyurl.com is awesome for that) but it's not entirely necessary in my experience
4. Type the hashtag correctly #enc4932h
It seems that when you tweet using a 3rd party client and include a link, it is not showing up in the hashtag search.
There was one quirk that I discovered during my testing - Tweetdeck, a 3rd party twitter account manager, has the option to track a hashtag and display it alongside your twitter feed. I found that this application would display tweets using the class hashtag that would not show up in the search results on the twitter website. HOWEVER, tweets from this application that include a link DO NOT show up in the search results on the twitter site.
Edit: I tweeted the link to this page from my phone using the twitter app and it went through no problem. That may be an option for some of you.
Also, just a heads up - if your first tweet with the hashtag does not seem to work, wait a couple minutes before you try again. If you rapid-fire tweet, even if done with the appropriate formatting, twitter considers it spam and will not display your tweets in the results.
Hope this info helps you in your tweeting adventures!
No comments:
Post a Comment